A Dutch dredging and offshore contractor has made a contract with Hycom for a drive-and-control system for several monopile gripper frames.
These monopile gripper frames will be used to vertically place 90 M1 piles on the ocean floor suitable for the foundation of windmills. Several hydraulic functions are integrated in the systems.
The hydraulics systems are used for:
– The skidding and jacking of the frame
– Driving a 40 mT winch to fold the frame
– Driving the pile rotation wheels
– Driving four movable roller boxes
– Extending, retracting and rotating the gripper extend
– Opening, closing and locking of the gripper cage
– Driving a 5 mT tugger winch
Are you also facing a hydraulic challenge in the field of offshore wind? Hycom can help you make innovative steps in the placement of wind turbines in sea for a reasonable price. Contact us to find out what we can do for you.